How to stay safe in the workplaceDaisy Milligan
With UK lockdown measures easing, some employers are taking steps towards returning to their workplaces. It should go without saying that the number one priority for employers making this shift should be the health and safety of their employees and reducing worker exposure risks, as there could be risks for coronavirus in the workplace.
How you do this will depend on what type of business you run and the premises in which you usually carry out work. Irrespective of whether you work in an office or a different setting, there are some things that all employers can do to ensure that their employees are kept safe from coronavirus workplace exposures.
1. Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment
2. Develop cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures
3. Help people to work from home and invest in social distancing desks.
4. Maintain 2m social distancing, where possible.
5. Where people cannot be 2m apart, manage transmission risk