Staying Safe Covid – 19Craig Simpson
Staying Safe Covid – 19
With UK lockdown measures easing, some employers are taking steps towards returning to their workplaces. But it should go without saying that the number one priority for employers making this shift should be the health and safety of their employees and reducing worker exposure risks, as there could be risks for coronavirus in the workplace.
Employers do have a ‘duty of care’ for staff, so do customers and anyone else who visits the workplace. This means they must do all they reasonably can to support their health, safety and wellbeing.
How you do this will depend on what type of business you run and the premises in which you usually carry out work. Irrespective of whether you work in an office or a different setting, there are some things that all employers can do to ensure that their employees are staying safe from covid – 19 workplace exposures.
1. Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment
2. Develop cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures
3. Help people to work from home and invest in social distancing desks.
4. Maintain 2m social distancing, where possible and investing in movable Desks.
5. Where people cannot be 2m apart, manage transmission risk
Check out the latest Government guidance advice on Coronavirus – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus